• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
I should have clarified
the Crystal lift at Blackcomb just opened. The terrain I was referring to is Whistler

Last edited:

blah

Getting on the lift
Skier
All right folks! Thanks for all the input/perspective. I waded through all the available data via resort websites, etc. I scoured the weather prediction sites. I compared flight, hotel, car/shuttle prices for the various options. I looked at all my future travel plans for the season. Aaaaaaaaaaand...

Banff it is! I got a free ticket to YYC (thank you Delta Amex!). I found a nice hotel on Banff Ave for $100 USD/night. 5 Day SUV rental for $230. Mountain Collective in hand (along with their new policy treating LL and SSV as separate destinations) means I ski free the whole time! Then I talked a buddy into joining me, so I'm doing the whole thing for like $400. Time to get stoked!!!

Here's what's waiting for you: So the white stuff was falling from the sky at Sunshine Village today. Couldn't ask for a better day for the 1st time out on snow this season.
20171125_104226_002-jpg.33867

Goat's Eye is closed, and looker's left of the Great Divide lift is closed. Everything else is open with really lovely, dry, packed powder.
20171125_143004_003-jpg.33868

Sponsor

Staff online