• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Reviews

2024 Line Blade

Updated from last season ... Philpug: Line is no stranger to throwing a design against the wall to see if it sticks, Hell, it's the company's...

Replies
Views
2023 Stöckli Laser WRT Pro

Philpug Size tested: 172cm Location tested: Loveland,CO Conditions tested in: Groomer Zoomers To quote George Takei: “Oh My …!” In a perfect...

Replies
Views
6 7 8
2024 Atomic Volant 9000

Location tested: Vail, Co Conditions tested in: Nice Chalky Groomers Philpug: Talk about a blast from the past. Volant started way back in the...

Replies
Views
2024 Dynastar M-Cross 82

Philpug Location Tested: Deer Valley UT Conditions: Chalky groomers Length:176cm Remember the Dynastar 4x4 series? I am not talking about the old...

Replies
Views
2024 Faction Dancer 2

Philpug Location Tested: Mt. Rose, NV Conditions: Varied Length: 177cm I had a lot of thoughts about the Dancer Collection coming in. The Rolling...

Replies
Views
2024 Peak 104 By Bode

Tricia Size tested: 168 Location tested: Mt Rose, Brighton, Palisades Tahoe, Big Sky, Deer Valley Conditions tested: Mostly powder days with the...

Replies
Views
2024 Head Total Joy

Tricia Length tested: 158cm Location: Brighton Conditions: Mixed with groomers When Head introduced the Joy line back in 2014,(wow, has it really...

Replies
Views
2024 Salomon Stance W 88

Tricia: Length Tested: 168 Locations: Snowbasin, UT & Mt. Rose, NV Conditions Tested in: All We were fortunate to get on the all new Salomon...

Replies
Views
2024 Dynastar M-Cross 88

Andy Mink Where Tested: Brighton, UT Conditions tested in: Frigid firm chalk groomers Size: 176cm, 135-88-117, R14 With a tip shape that is...

Replies
Views
2022 Stöckli Laser SX

Philpug: There are few skis on the market that can do what the Laser SX is capable of. FWIW, this is not a narrow Laser AX. While that ski is...

Replies
Views
2024 Salomon Stance 96

Philpug: The Salomon Stance collection had been out for a few seasons now and unfortunately it hasn’t set the world on fire with sales. Could it...

Replies
Views
2024 Head Shape E-V8

Andy Mink: Size tested: 170cm Location tested: Mammoth Mountain, CA Conditions tested in: First run groomers, firm but not bullet proof Head has...

Replies
Views
2024 Blizzard Brahma 88

Andy Mink Size tested: 183cm Location tested: Mammoth Mountain, CA Conditions tested in: later afternoon cut up snow that was starting to set up...

Replies
Views
2023 Blizzard Brahma 88

Andy Mink Size tested: 183cm Location tested: Mammoth Mountain, CA Conditions tested in: later afternoon cut up snow that was starting to set up...

Replies
Views
2020 Blizzard Brahma 82

Philpug: Thin is in, and Blizzard is aware of the trend by offering a narrower Brahma (and Black Pearl) in an 82mm width. Sure you say, Phil...

Replies
Views
2024 Nordica Santa Ana 84

AmyPJ: When Nordica went back to the Santa Ana well and renamed the old Astral 84 the Santa Ana 84 a few years ago it was a good move because the...

Replies
Views
2022 Fischer RC4 World Cup CT

Philpug: OMG, what a tool ... more like a scalpel, one with a specific purpose: To Lay Trenches. This ski just wants to be on edge and make arcs...

Replies
Views
2024 Blizzard Bonafide 97

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: I have owned every generation of Bonafide since it was introduced; each had its own, slightly...

Replies
Views
2023 K2 Mindbender 99 Ti

Philpug: Size tested: 178 Location tested: Loveland Co Conditions tested in: Old packed powder As a huge fan of the original Mindbender, I was...

Replies
Views
2023 Völkl Blaze 86 W

Lauren: In all honesty, I didn’t expect much from the Blaze 86 W. A lightweight freeride ski with an 86mm waist? Sounds about as stable as a...

Replies
Views

Sponsor

Staff online