Product Reviews

2021 Fischer RC One 82 GT WS

Tricia: Fischer is one brand that is steering away from women’s-specific skis, but it is offering skis in a variety of lengths and flex patterns...

Replies
Views
2021 Head Supershape e-Titan

Philpug: Head is asking the new 84mm-waisted e-Titan to do a lot: to carry the wide carver tradition of the previous Titans but also replace the...

Replies
Views
2021 Blossom Tail Wind

The Tail Wind is the narrowest offering in Blossom's Turbo collection, but its construction has more in common with the narrower Numero Uno models...

Replies
Views
2021 Stöckli Laser SX

Philpug: There are few skis on the market that can do what the Laser SX is capable of. FWIW, this is not a narrow Laser AX, while that ski is...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Kendo 88

Philpug: I will preface this review with the statement that I never really warmed up to previous generations of the Kendo. This does not mean it...

Replies
Views
2021 K2 Mindbender 98Ti Alliance

Tricia: Big sister to the Mindbender 88Ti Alliance, the 98 brings a wider, stronger experience to the slopes for the woman who wants to charge the...

Replies
Views
2021 K2 Mindbender 88Ti Alliance

Tricia: The Mindbender 88Ti Alliance is a ski that will fill a need for a variety of women. At 88 underfoot, it has a surprising 14.7m turn radius...

Replies
Views
2021 Dynastar M-Pro 90

Philpug: I hate when I have preconceived thoughts that are complete misses. I didn't say publicly that the ski would be a miss, but I did think to...

Replies
Views
2021 Head Kore 99

Philpug: Head has put together four solid ski collections (note the yellow/green/red/blue theme). Missing from the Kore up to this point was that...

Replies
Views
2021 Dynastar Speedzone 4x4 82 Pro

Philpug: I have loved the Speed Zone construction since it was introduced a few years ago. The rubber dampening between the sidewall and core...

Replies
Views
2021 Augment All Mountain 98 Ti

Philpug: When I first heard about the all-new AM98, I have to admit I was a bit scared. I had just skied the AM88 for a couple of days prior and I...

Replies
Views
2021 Augment All Mountain 77 Ti

Philpug: Augment makes skis that are all business, and the All Mountain 77 is a good example: it is solid and smooth, produced with the best...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Blaze 106 W

Ski Nurse: The thing I love about the Völkl 100Eights is that you can be in the powder, trees, off piste, and then take them out on the groomers...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Blaze 94

Andy Mink: This ski fooled me. Looking at the tip and tail rise, I thought it would be pretty unstable on the hard-packed Mammoth snow. That is...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Deacon V.Werks

Philpug: This ski blew all our testers away. It is safe to say that it was the overwhelming shocker of the test, in the best possible way. The...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Deacon 74

Drahtguy Kevin: Völkl introduced these new skis with a big online campaign. I was excited to see what the big deal was. Both models have the same...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Deacon 76

Philpug: Are you serious? (No, not you Völkl, you the consumer.) If so, how serious? Just serious? Or serious-as-a-heart-attack* serious? Well...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Kanjo

Andy Mink: The Kanjo is light and playful with with good edge hold. With Titanal underfoot for strength and damping, and beech and poplar wood for...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl M5 Mantra

Philpug: First, the good: Völkl did everything right with the new M5 Mantra. It went back to its roots and narrowed the ski, to 96 mm underfoot...

Replies
Views
2021 Völkl Mantra 102

Philpug: Every year I flex a ski and immediately know, This is going to be a killer ski. The new Mantra 102 is one such ski. Where most brands...

Replies
Views