• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Reviews

2022 Völkl Kendo 88

Philpug: I will preface this review with the statement that I never really warmed up to previous generations of the Kendo. This does not mean it...

Replies
Views
2024 Volkl Blaze 114

Philpug: Völkl is expanding their Blaze line for 2024 at both ends of the collection. At the narrow end there is the 86 and 86w, and at the wide...

Replies
Views
2023 Kästle MX88

Philpug: It is very risky to completely redesign one of the best skis ever brought to market. The MX88 is a ski that not too long ago I billed as...

Replies
Views
2021 Kästle ZX108

Philpug: Could the all-new ZX108 be the deal of the 2021 season? At $749, I believe it is in the conversation. I talked to many ski shop owners...

Replies
Views
2023 Stöckli Stormrider 102

Philpug Size tested: 182 Location tested: Loveland CO Conditions tested in: 6-8” of cold smoke When you think of “Stormrider”, what do you...

Replies
Views
2023 Lusti CWR 87

Size Tested:178cm Location: Palisades Tahoe, Ca Conditions; Spring glory Philpug: Lusti is a Czech brand that has been producing skis since about...

Replies
Views
2022 Elan Ripstick 88 W

Tricia: Elan's Ripstick name is something that has always appealed to me, so naturally I jumped at the chance to add the Ripstick 88 W to my demo...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Porsche 8 Series

Philpug Size tested: 177cm Location tested: Loveland, Co Conditions tested in: Packed cold snow How much do you miss your Monster 88 and how much...

Replies
Views
2023 Armada Zero Stranger

Philpug Size tested: 180 Location tested: Snowbasin, UT Conditions tested in: Groomed old snow Fun. Playful. Puppy-like. There are dozens of...

Replies
Views
2023 K2 Mindbender 108Ti

Philpug: K2 hit it out of the park with the Mindbenders, and the 108Ti is a good example of that success. The 108Ti, like its narrower brother the...

Replies
Views
2023 Rossignol Experience 82 Ti W

Tricia: Having skied every rendition of the Experience W (formerly Temptation) lineup, I have to say that this is my favorite by far. The first...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Kore 93

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: Some say Head is taking a big risk changing the immensely popular Kore 93Ti; I look at it the other...

Replies
Views
2022 Kästle ZX108

Philpug: The ZX108 is very similar to the old BMX skis but with a more modern shape. I was really hoping to spend more time on these back in the...

Replies
Views
2023 Kästle MX98

Updated from previous season ... Philpug: There have been a few incarnations of the MX98 over the years, from the original offering to the...

Replies
Views
2023 4FRNT MSP CC

Tricia: This was a sleeper ski for me, I really didn't have a preconceived idea of what to expect from it, and I can't recall the last time I...

Replies
Views
2023 Head Supershape e-Magnum

Philpug: While the Magnum isn’t the ski that started the Supershape revolution, it is the model that catapulted it into the mainstream. Each...

Replies
Views
2023 Liberty Evolv 110

Drahtguy Kevin: The chubbiest of the Evolv line doesn’t give up versatility or fun. My preferred length was always out, so I hopped on the 179. I...

Replies
Views
2022 Blizzard Brahma 82

Philpug: Thin is in, and Blizzard is aware of the trend by offering a narrower Brahma (and Black Pearl) in an 82mm width. Sure you say, Phil...

Replies
Views
2023 DPS Foundation Wailer 100 RP

From previous season ... Philpug: It is true that RP in DPS’s model name means Resort Powder, but in the case of the Foundation Wailer 100 RP, it...

Replies
Views
2021 Head Kore 99

Philpug: Head has put together four solid ski collections (note the yellow/green/red/blue theme). Missing from the Kore up to this point was that...

Replies
Views

Sponsor

Staff online