Product Reviews

2020 Stöckli Laser MX

Tricia: The first thought that came to mind when I was getting set up on this ski was, “That seems short for me.” But I have to tell you, the...

Replies
Views
2020 Völkl 100Eight

Drahtguy Kevin: As with the RTM models, the 100Eight got a fiberglass wrap-around. It is noticeable on hard pack – not what the ski is built for –...

Replies
Views
2020 Völkl Mantra 102

Philpug: Every year I flex a ski and immediately know, This is going to be a killer ski. The new Mantra 102 is one such ski. Where most brands...

Replies
Views
2020 Völkl M5 Mantra

Philpug: First, the good: Völkl did everything right with the new M5 Mantra. It went back to its roots and narrowed the ski, to 96 mm underfoot...

Replies
Views
2020 Völkl Kendo 88

Philpug: I will preface this review with the statement that I never really warmed up to previous generations of the Kendo. This does not mean it...

Replies
Views
2020 Völkl Kanjo

FairToMiddlin: The Kanjo has a stated sidecut of 21.6 m, and it feels every bit of it. At 84 mm underfoot, it is a bit of a head-scratcher. In my...

Replies
Views
2020 Völkl Deacon 84

Philpug: The Deacon goes back to its roots à la the old 724 Pro and AC50. This is a no-compromise ski, very powerful and precise. Of all the skis...

Replies
Views
2020 Völkl Deacon 76

Philpug: Are you serious? No, not you Völkl, you the consumer? If so, how serious? Just serious? Or serious-as-a-heart-attack* serious? Well...

Replies
Views
2020 Völkl Deacon 74

Drahtguy Kevin: Völkl introduced these new skis with a big online campaign. I was excited to see what the big deal was. Both models have the same...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Stormrider Motion 85

Tricia: This new rendition of the Stöckli Stormrider Motion 85 is a winner in my book. While the previous version of this ski was super fun and...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Stormrider 95

FairToMiddlin: It’s a new year, and a new Stormrider 95. Just like the previous SR 95 reveal at SIA two years ago, Stöckli did not bring the 184...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Stormrider 88

FairToMiddlin: For about four years now, Stöckli has been churning out a very refined, very easygoing SR 88. When it first came out, I thought it...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Laser SX

Doug Briggs: Here we have another solid-performing Stöckli product. Turns on the Laser SX are smooth and easy, and you can vary their size to...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Laser AR

Philpug: This is a resurrection of a Stöckli letter combo that once was a mainstay in the Laser line.The current AX was previously referred to as...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Laser AX

Ron: The new AX represents the new class of narrow all-mountain skis. It has a very unique build with softish, slightly rockered tips but is quite...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Laser SC

Ron: Although I read comparisons to the Stöckli Laser AX, the SC is a step up in performance and certainly less versatile. "SC" stands for "slalom...

Replies
Views
2020 Salomon QST Stella 106

Tricia: The QST Stella 106 name has been around for a few years, but this year she got a makeover -- and it was more than just a trip to the spa...

Replies
Views
2020 Salomon QST Lumen 99

Tricia: The Lumen is just one of the skis that Salomon has changed by adding flax to maintain lightness while gaining strength. This construction...

Replies
Views
2020 Salomon S/Max W 10

Tricia: The S/Max W 10 was a sleeper ski for me. We have talked about the men’s version but haven’t really touched on this one; we have barely...

Replies
Views
2020 Salomon S/Max W Blast

Tricia: The key to this review is the word "Blast." In a year that many manufacturers are introducing some amazing sub-80mm frontside skis...

Replies
Views