Product Reviews

2020 Stöckli Laser AR

Philpug: This is the resurrection of a Stöckli letter combo that once was a mainstay in the Laser line. The current AX was previously referred to...

Replies
Views
2020 Renoun Atlas 80

What is now the Atlas 80 is a whole new shape, more like the Z-90 but with a bit more taper in the tail. Its shape still rewards the better skier...

Replies
Views
2020 Head Supershape iRally

Andy Mink: There’s a reason the Supershape iRally is so popular: it flat out rips on groomers, from soft and chalky through recycled hard pack...

Replies
Views
2020 Kästle FX106 HP

FairtoMiddlin: Kästle used the same all-new construction found in the FX96 HP here, and it works again. The result of this strong, metal-less...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Stormrider 95

FairToMiddlin: It’s a new year, and a new Stormrider 95. Just like the previous SR 95 reveal at SIA two years ago, Stöckli did not bring the 184...

Replies
Views
2020 Line Sakana

Philpug: Yes, this design has been around for a few seasons, but it is the first chance I have had to get on it. Shame on me. Say what you want...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Stormrider 88

FairToMiddlin: For about four years now, Stöckli has been churning out a very refined, very easygoing SR 88. When it first came out, I thought it...

Replies
Views
2020 Augment All Mountain 88

Ron: Move over, Stöckli -- yep, I said it! The brand formerly known as Croc is now Augment, but its skis are still made in Austria. This a skier's...

Replies
Views
2020 Völkl M5 Mantra

Philpug: First, the good: Völkl did everything right with the new M5 Mantra. It went back to its roots and narrowed the ski, to 96 mm underfoot...

Replies
Views
2020 Blizzard Brahma 82

Philpug: Thin is in, and Blizzard is aware of the trend by offering a narrower Brahma (and Black Pearl) in an 82mm width. Sure you say, Phil...

Replies
Views
2020 Nordica Enforcer 88

Philpug: Nordica is doubling down on all things Enforcer for the coming season with the addition of the Enforcer 104 Free and the Enforcer 88 that...

Replies
Views
2020 Stöckli Laser SX

Doug Briggs: Here we have another solid-performing Stöckli product. Turns on the Laser SX are smooth and easy, and you can vary their size to...

Replies
Views
2020 Salomon S/Force Bold

Philpug: Even though the S/Force shares much of its DNA with the narrower S/Max, Salomon made the S/Force much more compliant at its extremities...

Replies
Views
2020 Liberty V76

Doug Briggs: Liberty showed me that my conception of them as a freeride company was all wrong. The V76 is an outstanding ski. Easy to ski, ready...

Replies
Views
2020 DPS Foundation Cassiar 94

Andy Mink: The Foundation Cassiar 94 fills the spot formerly held by the FC95. Don't assume this is just a millimeter drop in the waist, though...

Replies
Views
2020 Renoun Z-90

Andy Mink: This ski gave me my "OMG, I am SOOO glad I got back into skiing" moment. I got on a pair of these during the 2016-17 season, and it was...

Replies
Views
2020 Head Kore 93

Drahtguy Kevin: Super light both afoot and in hand, the Kore 93 is nimble yet stable and dependable in steep, bumped-out terrain. The tip made...

Replies
Views
2020 Head V-Shape V8

Andy Mink: The all-new Head V8 should be a force in the intermediate to advanced market. With a shape similar to the very successful Supershape...

Replies
Views
2020 Völkl Kendo 88

Philpug: I will preface this review with the statement that I never really warmed up to previous generations of the Kendo. This does not mean it...

Replies
Views
2020 Liberty V76 W

Tricia: This is one of the skis I had been waiting for ever since skiing the V76 last year in a 172, and the promise of a women’s version in...

Replies
Views

Staff online